Is a Japanese healing method which helps with stress reduction and relaxation to promote healing.
It was taught by a Buddihist Mikao Usui in the early mid-1920’s. It was brought from Japan to the United States in the 1930’s by a Japanese American woman named Hawayo Takata. Reiki is now practiced and taught in every country in the world. Reiki can help to clear emotional or physical blockages and can aide in helping the body to use its natural resources to heal the mind, body and spirit. Reiki can be a hands on or hands off healing.
Information & Facts
Reiki is an ancient healing method that is over 2000 years old.
The practice of giving and receiving Reiki stimulates the body’s natural healing abilities and promotes a sense of well being.
The Reiki practitioner assists the client to heal themselves spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically by a simple laying on of hands. By the use of ancient healing symbols the practitioner channels the Universal Life Force energy allowing it to flow where is needed to bring the energy centers into alignment.
Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki calms. It reduces stress, and provides deep relaxation, comfort & peace.
- Reiki may bring spiritual clarity. Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process.
- Reiki relieves pain.
- Reiki can improve good blood circulation and stop small bleedings.
- Reiki can cleanse organs (liver, kidneys, arteries, spleen, gall bladder, lungs & heart).
- Reiki is safe to treat sympthoms of imbalance: chronic and acute conditions, stress related disorders, conditions related to sinus, menopause, migraine, cystitis, asthma, chronic fatigue, arthritis, back, sciatica, insomnia and depression – to name a few.
- Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it tends to reduce side-effects, it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
What people experience: deep relaxations, visual pictures such as colors, shapes or pictures of people you may know, tingling in hands and feet, warmth or cold from Reiki Master’s hands, spiritual experience, memories of past may surface and clear.